Saturday, July 28, 2007

What the????

Its 4:32am...what on earth am I doing up? I have no idea...and blogging? I think I'm going crazy!

So things have slowed down a bit over the past couple of days. Jason's parents had been here for a few weeks and decided to take a break and go back home for a couple of weeks and then come back. His dad had big hopes of catching a nice Chinook...but not much luck. Jason caught one..21lbs, not too bad, his mom caught a 10lbs and his dad...well, he caught a 3lb...yes, a 3lb chinook. I don't think he was very impressed with that. Throw in a couple of pinks and that was it. Very frustrating for Jason's dad...and all of us. I wish we had a boat...that seems to be making all the difference out here these days. But we don't...maybe someday. They're planning on coming back for the coho run...hopefully we'll have better luck with that.

So as some of you know...we had some major flooding around here last month. One of our major river's out here...the Skeena, hasn't been very fishable since then...is fishable even a word? haha! But it has gone down and cleared up and people are finally able to fish it again. There are a couple of spots that we enjoyed going to...but today we went to check them out, particularly 18 mile and China Bar. Well, they're now pretty hard to get to...the water is just deep enough that I don't think I'd want to wade through it...we might have to invest in dingy or something LOL! Jason was quit disappointed. Those were his two of his favorite spots...and they were great spots for the kids to run around and play on. Maybe they'll get a bit more accessible as the summer (what summer?) goes on. Here we finally have a 4x4...and now we can't even use it to get onto China Bar like we had hoped. The flood changed so much around here. Islands that were in the middle of the river are half washed away...its crazy. Like I said in an earlier post...the power of water is amazing!

We had some friend over the other night for a fire in the backyard...it was nice to see them all. Stupid me though...never took one stinkin picture!! Oh well...we'll just have to do it again won't we? And next time...you better show up...you know who you are!! I don't care who's in town...haha, you know I love ya and I'm just teasin!

Well I should really go to bed. I just couldn't sleep and have been on the computer for a couple of hours now. I hope you're all doing well and that your summer's are warmer than the one we're having here!!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I'm coming next time, I promise!! lol We need to make that next time soon

 
Designed by Lena