Monday, October 1, 2007

What I'm Missing...

~ I miss the "smell" of rain...yes, it rains here ALOT...but it rains so much that you don't get that "smell"... I've
only smelt it once and that was last week and it just reminded me of how much I miss that smell and that I used to actually enjoy it when it rained.

~ I miss having dry pants when I go out... no, I don't wet my pants...but the bottoms of them are constantly wet from it raining and being wet outside almost all the time.

~ I miss not having to think all the time. I seem to be thinking all the time out here, contemplating about what my goals in life are and how I can figure out what I'm suppose to do with my life besides be a mother and a wife...which I am thankful for and I enjoy...but I'm ready for more and I'm not sure what that truly is yet!

~ I miss my family, all my nieces and nephews and siblings and parents...I've gotten used to being far from them all...but I still miss them dearly.

~ I miss the sun, I find myself so much more energetic when it decides to grace us with its presence.

~ I miss cold winters...call me crazy, but I do. I miss having my nostrils stick together when I breath in deeply during a cold snap and the sun that shines on the fields of snow making it all sparkly!

~ I miss seeing forever!

~ I miss feeling at peace in my life.

~ I miss having little little kids...but do enjoy the ages that my kids are now and I am so proud of who they are growing up to be!

~ I miss knowing who I am...these days I don't have a clue!

~ I miss being able to go for a walk anytime of the day...anywhere that I want and know for a fact that there won't be a bear around the corner!!

~ I miss the "crop talk" that my parents would discuss as we would travel on country roads...even though I never knew what crop was which...I miss the "country"...you know?

~ I miss old houses and neighborhoods...ones with character and charm and big trees along the streets.

~ I miss having certain opportunities and advantages of a bigger city or atleast living closer to one.

~ I miss amazing thunderstorms...the excitement, the fear...everything about them!

~ I miss getting together with my best friends every friday night...oh how I miss that Mel and Den!!

~ I miss being able to enjoy being outside in the summer without being eaten alive by black flies...call me crazy, but I'd rather be bitten by mosquitoes than black flies...atleast you can feel when most mosquitoes are biting you...black flies, you don't...they suck your blood and my bites itch for a month or more!

~ I miss shopping in a nice big mall...call me vain, but Walmart just ain't cutting it anymore!

~ I miss Booster Juice...even though I can make my own, but still!


I miss so much of my life before here. Don't get me wrong, there are many things that I do like about living here...but I'm growing tired and weary of this place. Both Jason and I are. We don't like to talk about this that much to anyone...but things are changing for us it seems. I'm not sure what our future holds...we have some ideas as to what we would like to see happen, but only God knows what the future holds for our lives. Sometimes it so hard to give it all to Him...but thats my reality and I just have to have faith that He knows what he's doing!! Jason's job is good...but its a go no where type of job...and there aren't many opportunities elsewhere in this area for what he does...so it would be nice to have options and choices for him, a place where he can grow and expand his knowledge. There's so much that goes on in this mind of mine these days. I'm trying so hard to be content...but its hard some days. Jason really loves the fishing out here...so if we ever do leave, I pray that we can find another place where he can keep up with this hobby of his.

I guess what I'm saying is that we are thinking about going somewhere else. I'm not sure when or where...it may take some time...but both of us are ready for a new adventure. This place has been good to us, and it continues to...but sometimes you just need to move on. Until then, we will enjoy our lives out here the best we can. I know the day that we do decide to leave, it will be hard...but I will be excited all the same.

Just know that I don't hate it here...I have made some dear friends and have seen some amazing things and done some really cool things...but it may just be time to move on. It makes me kind of sad to realize all this...but we always knew that we wouldn't be here forever. Time will tell what our future holds!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

i know what you mean about not knowing who you are anymore..i'm right there with you. am i a mom, am i a wife, am i Janelle, am i just an employee...what the heck. and now with wanting to record my CD, and maybe go to school...i'm all a blur...so i know what you mean.
i really hope you guys can find somewhere awesome to call home soon. somewhere where you are both comfortable, and have hobbies, and have people that surround you that love you and let you have fun.
i'm excited to see where that is!
love you.

Christy said...

I hope that you get a clearer picture of where you are supposed to go! It sucks being in limbo!

Melanie said...

Hey Tanya!! I really miss those Friday nights together as well. Our weekends are just not the same anymore. Love you guys and miss you lots!!!

Connie said...

i really appreciated this post. sometimes it feels good just to get it all out. you are such a beautiful person inside and out and i pray that you will find God's leading in your life to bring you to a place where your needs are met and your family can grow together.

 
Designed by Lena