Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Weekend

Well its been absolutely beautiful out here the past couple of days...can't complain...except for the fact that I haven't been soaking it all up! No...I've been inside most of the time...dumb...ya, I know!

We were going to go to the lake on sunday...not the local one, which would've been much better...but to one a bit further away. The road to get to it was absolutely awful, so we ended up turning around and headed in another direction. We ended up going to Kalum Lake and met up with some friends there for a while. We then decided to keep going down that road and ended up in Aiyansh, stopped for a drink and a snack, then headed home. We saw eleven bear just between the lake and the town. It was crazy! But fun for us all, especially the kids! I guess its that time of year!

We had a great fire the other night out in the yard. We burned a bunch of scrap wood from our reno's...it was soooo nice to see that ugly old bannister go! I'm loving our new one...thanks to my dad and Jason...it just needs a few coats of paint and some end caps and it'll look fabulous! Slowly but surely the house is starting to look more and more like home.

Yesterday we took the kids and Syd's friend out for a day of fishing...no luck...but it was still fun. Our little boy is going to make a great fisherman someday. He didn't catch a thing...but wouldn't stop saying how much fun he was having...just casting over and over again. I can't wait until the day that he snags a fish...I'll never hear the end of it!!

Well thats about it. Nothing much else is new. I'm just so happy that the sun has decided to finally shine and to warm this place up a bit! Hope you're all well!

3 comments:

Ej said...

Glad it was such a good weekend!

Melissa said...

Well, I'm happy the sun is shining on you because it SNOWED!!!! on us last night! I really want to see some of your reno pics. Post them when you get the chance. Talk to you soon.
Love, Melissa

floron@shaw.ca said...

To bad you didn't get any fish but I guess practise makes perfect. Hope you have better luck next time. Love you, Mom.

 
Designed by Lena