Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And Update!

Well its been a while hasn't it? Where to start?

I decided that I needed to go home to Saskatoon so within two days of thinking that I had three bus tickets for me and my kids. We decided to just go as far as Edmonton and then my parents picked us up from there so we didn't have a five hour layover...not that I didn't know anyone to come and pick us up for a visit...but by the time we got there we had already been on the bus for 18 hours...so not really in the mood for too much chit chat and the kids just needed to get to our destination.

While in Stoon I went shopping...ALOT!!! Out here I'm pretty limited with our small selection of stores. So it was so nice to go to a "real" mall and to stores that we don't have anywhere near us. I admit I spent a bit too much...oh well, life goes on! I also got to hang out with my family...my parents, and my sister, her husband and her three kids. It was a much needed time away from here! I got to see some pretty good thunder and lightning storms...something we hardly get out here at all, we get one good boom and maybe a flash or two and thats it!!!

I also got to hang out with some good friends on a couple of evenings. It was so nice to see you all.

I know I didn't get to see everyone that I wanted to...but this trip was more about me getting away from here and just relaxing and giving my brain a break...call me selfish...but I needed this trip, whether I saw people or not. Next time I hope to see a few that I missed this time around.

My parents drove me back to Edmonton...actually Spruce Grove. There I stayed with Jason's brother Barry and his wife Melissa and two girls for a couple of days. It was nice visiting with them too. I was able to check out their new house as well...its very nice! We then left from Edmonton for here late last wednesday night.

During our bus ride back we saw a wolf and a few other wild things. I had never seen a wolf out in the wild...it was so cool. Jason's seen a couple this summer...weird how all of a sudden you start seeing them.

The kids did well on the bus ride. We had a few outbursts and uncomfortable sleeps...but all in all they did pretty well. Rowyn had a problem peeing on the bus...he won't go in anything that looks like and outhouse toilet...so I ended up getting him to pee into an empty bottle...gross, yes...but probably less gross than sitting on the bus toilet!! It worked and thats all that mattered.

So now we're back. Its taken a bit to get back into the swing of things...but its slowly coming along. School starts next tuesday!!! Rowyn's starting kindergarten this year as well...but he doesn't start until the 12th or so...not sure why, but thats just the way it is I guess. Syd's going into grade five...my goodness! My kids are definitely growing up!

I'm having a bit of a hard time it seems. There's alot going on in my head and my mind. I can honestly say that I am sick and tired of living with hardly any sun! I feel as if over the past year the sun has only shone about %10 of the time. We had such a long winter...it rained or snowed almost everyday. We hardly had a summer. I think I only wore shorts twice...seriously!!! I really think that all this gloom has led to some of my down times. I don't know if I'm cut out for this. And now...fall is quickly approaching, the days are getting shorter again and the sun still hardly shines. Its quite depressing! And for someone who is trying to deal with that part of her life...it doesn't help!!! Not sure what I'm trying to say here...well I kind of do, but don't want to say it! I literally feel like Eeyore...like I have a rainy cloud over my head all the time. Not sure what to do about it anymore. It comes and goes...but I seriously think that I need more sun in my life. Real sun...not no sun lamp thingy!!

Well thats about it. I have more to say...but for now, thats enough! Enjoy whats left of your summer!

5 comments:

Nin said...

I've heard that people who live in places where there's hardly any sun, like the northwest territories struggle with depression. Our bodies and minds need the vitamins found in the sun. Have you talked to your doctor, or one of those herbal doctor people about this? Maybe there's some sort of supplement you could take to give you that vitamin d, and give your body that happy drug. (not an anti-depressant, although I'm not against them, that's just not what I mean)
Well...........................I forgive you for not contacting me when you were in S'toon............ However, if this happens again, there could be consequences.
And I thought it was funny reading that you came to S'toon to go shopping, and go to all our "cool" stores....cuz we always leave here to go to Edmonton or Calgary to go shopping cuz we think there's nothing here. lol. I so wish we had an Ikea......well......that might be bad news for me actually. Anyways, glad to hear you had an awesome time. I'd like to think I could've made it awesomer, but none-the-less. hehe! I know you'll get yourself back in the groove of things in no time, enjoy this new time to yourself with both kids now in school!!! Blessings!

Adam said...

Actually I concur. Some people get SAD lights. Google it, they're known to work.

Ej said...

Maybe it was just a BC thing but this summer was rather low in sun light - even down here on the coast. I am dreading the rain to come as I don't feel like I got my summer recharge! I hope you feel better soon.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Depression is normal when there is hardly any sun. Is there any place you can go to tan? I hear that helps with depression.
I've also heard that Saint John's Wart is a good herbal pill to take when you are depressed. Not saying you are really depressed but just wanted to help you before it gets bad.
I hear you about bus toilets. I have taken many buses in my life and have refused time and again to go to the back of the bus!

Ali said...

Hi, just stop by to see your blog.
This writing is very lovely.
Cheers!

 
Designed by Lena