Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Decisions, decisions!!!

Well I cannot sleep!! So I'm going to blog and I'm sure you will all think I am totally nutts by the end of this post...thats ok...think what you want!

Soooooo, I have decided once again to axe the Safeway job...this time my decision is final. I just can't see it being worth it for only two and a half months. I will just be getting the swing of things and then I'm going to have to quit. I really don't think I could work and do school at the same time. School will be full time hours...so working on top of that, plus having two kids and a husband will just be too much for this chick!! So I'm not going to work. This may be the last two and a half months of not working or going to school that I will have in a long, long, long time...so I might as well enjoy them!!

On a kind of sad but smart note...we have decided to sell our truck instead of the van. Jason was crunching some numbers and its just not worth it to have the truck right now...sure its been alot of fun being able to go "anywhere" with it...but its just costing us too much right now. He figured that we're getting 12-14 mpg with it...not good!! The van gets about 25mpg or better...so with me going to school everday in Jan. and it being about 15km away, give or take in one direction...it would be much wiser to be using the van instead of the truck...alot cheaper in gas, thats for sure. Plus we think it'll be alot easier to sell the truck rather than the van. Once I'm done school and working...then we'll think of getting our beloved 4x4. Right now it just makes sense to do this...its the "practical" decision and choice, even though it won't be as much fun driving the van around as it is to drive the truck...sacrifices!!

So I guess we have a cougar in the neighborhood. My neighbor behind me says that its been in her neighbors garbage. Yikes! Our dog was flipping out the other night too, so I bet it may have been the cougar. We have an empty lot directly behind our house and its all bush and evergreens...a great place for a big cat to hang out in. Plus my neighbor also said that there are three black bears in the area as well...one being huge. How much "fun" can one neighborhood handle!!! Oh the joys!!

On saturday we took a road trip to Prince Rupert. It was a great day. We always seem to pick the sunniest days to go to Rupert. We've hardly ever had rain when we've gone there. It can be crappy here, and usually is, but once we get there its all sunny! I know that with most people, its the opposite! We went to Ridly Island which is just before Rupert. I had heard that there are dolphins there sometimes...and as luck would have it...we got to see some. They were pretty close too. I think there was about four or five of them...it was hard to tell...they were feeding I assume as they just kept swimming back and forth in a certain area. They didn't pull any Flipper moves by jumping out of the water...but it was still amazing to see. I have only seen dolphins at Marineland in California...so it was a real treat to see them in the wild so close up and so close to home. We spent atleast a half hour watching them. It was a really good day for a road trip. We also stopped at "the rock"...a favorite place for the kids to lift up rocks and find alot of little crabs scooting around trying to get back under the rocks. Rowyn was holding one and it decided to head up his sleeve...it was pretty funny. He also got spit at by a clam!

Well thats about it for me. I got a few pics of the dolphins...they totally don't do them any justice...but you can atleast see that something with a fin is definitely there. I'll post them soon.

I hope everyone is healthy and happy...take care y'all!

7 comments:

Connie said...

you're so totally not nuts!! cougar huh? a little scary, no?!!

Jenny said...

That's too bad about having to sell your truck. Scott still(for the most part, had to drive the truck twice so far)drives the van to and from work, just because it is so good on gas. It would be expensive if that was our only vehicle that's for sure.
You could sell both vehicles and buy a smaller 4X4 vehicle that is good on gas,but could get you guys to all the hard to go places. Honda CRV's are nice!
Hope that you have peace with the safeway decision!

Ej said...

Don't worry about being a little nutty - Crazy people have more fun ;-) Sorry about the loss of the 4x4 - doesn't it stink being a responsible adult sometimes? Hope the wild animals stay far away from you!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Very cool that you were able to see dolphines. My dream is to see killer whales in the wild!

Tamara said...

My dad had to shovel a bunch of bear crap off our lawn a couple days ago!

starla said...

one of our neighborhood bears was shot not too long ago after if was hit by a truck. hopefully it was the one makeing a mess of our garbage!

Darci said...

Hey!!!! I just found your blog, good luck with school :)

 
Designed by Lena