Saturday, December 15, 2007

Peacefully Happy!

Well I must say...God is good...God is faithful. Today I finally can say that I have a daycare that is going to be just the right thing for Rowyn and myself. Although they cannot commit to driving him to school at noon, I'm alright with that. Jason is going to try and stay in town on tuesdays and thursdays, so I will only have to pick Rowyn up and drive him myself for two days out of the week (out here we only have a four day school week) They are closer to the college too so its not so bad as if I found someone out where I live to look after him. The daycare may drive him one of those days...but right now, I'm just thankful to have a great place to bring him. He's actually going to be going to an "enriched" daycare...so he's going to have pre-school in the morning and then kindergarten in the afternoon...he'll be a busy boy!! He wasn't too thrilled about checking the place out today...but by the time we left, he didn't want to leave...how awesome is that? There are three ladies that work there and they're going to have a fourth after the new year as they will be taking in a few more kids once they finish the addition that they will be working on over the holidays. Its a very clean place with alot of stuff to stimulate the kids. I'm so happy with it. All week I've been praying and have been talking with the lady who runs it, I just had a good feeling about it right off the bat. Once I met her today, she gave me a big hug! It all feels right! I am so thankful. Rowyn being happy is my biggest concern and I know he's going to love it there. With it being a licensed facility we may also be able to get subsidized...that would be awesome. My husband makes decent money...but daycare is not cheap...so whatever we can take, we will take! A guy that he works with qualifies for subsidization and has two kids in daycare...one full time, so I think we will have no problem. I just want to say thankyou though to Starla and Andrea who were willing to take Rowyn if I couldn't find other arrangements...it means alot to me, especially since you both have such young babies of your own...I appreciate your offers!!! Now my last hurdle is to come up with the money for my course! Its not a whole lot, I know we'll be able to do it so I'm not worried that much. So it looks like school is a go!!

Tonight we had our churches christmas banquet at the golf course. What a great time. Great food and fellowship. A friend of mine offered to take our kids for the evening so that was nice too. I'm just getting to know this friend a bit better and she is also in our care group. Last night we were at her house for a potluck with the rest of our group and her daughter and Rowyn, who are both five had a great time. Her daughter takes Ju Jitsu (spelling?) so her and Rowyn were wrestling. I think he was blown away that a girl his age would wrestle with him. It was so funny...she could even pin him!! They had so much fun. He couldn't wait to go there again today. When we picked them up, Kim (my friend) informed me that she caught Rowyn and her daughter kissing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! He gets his first friend thats a girl and is already kissing her...he's five!!!! So Kim told Rowyn and her daughter that its ok to hug...but not kiss! Seems like I have a little heartbreaker on my hands already. Sheesh! I thought it was too funny though!!

So its been a great end to what I thought was going to be a very stressful week. I've even had a cold all week and I'm still happy! Cold and all!

Thankyou to everyone who has prayed about this situation...I appreciate it more than you know!!! I hope you are all doing well and getting ready for christmas!! Take care!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm happy to hear that things are working out for you Tanya! And that is SO funny about Rowyn kissing!!!! I know all kids grow up fast, but sounds like he's growing up a bit too fast ;)

Janelle said...

sooooo glad you are feeling better about everything! now you can "follow your dreams"! corny but true!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love it that your son was caught kissing his girl friend. Oh kids are so cute.

starla said...

i'm so happy for you that you found a daycare that your all happy with! God is good and faithful!

Darci said...

Glad to hear you found a good place!

 
Designed by Lena