Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A bit of an update (for Jenny:)

Well things are good. The kids are in soccer...Syd loves it...I think Rowyn does too as he talks about it all the time...but he has yet to participate...grrrr!!! He's had a practise and a game and hasn't gotten on the field yet...that kid!! Clinical is going well...I'm sooooo glad to be done with school. I work in the local care home three days a week...thurs, fri and saturday 7am-3pm...its going pretty good. I did have one day where a resident flipped out on me and swore up both sides of me for about five minutes. I was told that I should have left her (she was in a special lift for going onto the toilet as she doesn't walk) as long as the brakes were on, so she could think about how she was acting. But I didn't. I got her ready and then left the room and broke down bawling like a baby. I wasn't hurt by her comments...just more in shock I guess...just a natural reaction for me...I have never in my life been talked to the way she talked to me...oh well...its all part of the job!!

Right now my parents are here...its so nice having them around. The kids and I hadn't seen them since August and its been about a year for Jason. We've just been puttering around the house, trying to get a few things done. Syd's in heaven as grandma will play board and card games with her all the time ( I hate games...I know, I'm bad) and Rowyn is acting life a goofball and also seeing how far he can push everyone...which isn't so good! He's also learned how to ride his bike this past week without training wheels. You should see him...its like he's been riding a two wheeler for years already...going in an out of the ditches and flying down the street...you can't keep him off that bike...its almost to the point of annoying how much he loves to ride...I'm kind of glad that we're having a good rain today;)

So thats about it for me...I think we're going to head to Prince Rupert this saturday...its my grad day and I should be walking across the stage...but its an all day affair and I'd rather be spending it doing something with my family and something thats alot more fun. There's only a handful from my class that are actually going, so really, I don't feel guilty about it.

I hope you all are doing well and are enjoying spring!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I think I would have cried if that lady spoke to me like that! That's awful!
That's awesome about Rowyn riding his bike without training wheels. Gavin is still too chicken. I'm not sure if Outspoken will do that kids bike clinic this year. Shay loved it. I'll let you know if they do. The kids learn some great things. We went last week right behind your house(back trails) and took the 2 bigger boys for a bike ride in there. It was fun. I bet Rowyn would love it.
Congratulations on finishing your course!! Isn't that awesome!! Pretty soon you'll be a full fledged working mom making some good coin!
Have a great visit with your parents!
(btw, what do you think about all this nonsense with the grade 5's and their girlfriends and boyfriends?? If you ask me they are starting out young?LOL...oy...not looking forward to teenage years!)
PS...I hate board games too. Scott's the game player in this family. My poor boys!!

Trail Rider said...

good job for you going back to school! it must have had it's struggles. I can't even imagine raising a family AND going to school. I think my brain would be fried!
congratulations for graduating! Hope that day is full of wonderful rewards for all the hard work you've put in.

What on earth was that lady yelling at you for? I worked in a nursing home for a short time and some of them are just so miserable and depressed heh?

I still sometimes hope to see you pop up in the confed walmart!! If you are ever in town, make sure you look us up, or let us know!

Connie said...

it sounds like you are very well rested as compared to past posts. :) glad to hear it!

more power to you as you take abuse from these folks. hee hee. she sounds like my coworkers. argh!

"Simone" Marie Marlene Norman said...

Good job! Congrats on graduation. My prayer for you is that though the gift of mercy God will be able to use your hands as His extended!

Connie said...

hope you area doing well. :)

Tamara said...

Ok Tanya, I'm stepping in..YOU MUST UPDATE!!

:)

Jenny said...

Yes I agree...new post title..."a bit of an update for Tamara"...
BTW...I'm grocery shopping Thursday!LOL...wanna meet in the bakery section of SOM??LOL

 
Designed by Lena