Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's new...

Well its a little late, but summer has finally arrived in this part of the world!! Today was beautiful. After not seeing the sun for about two weeks, or atleast it seemed that way, we finally had our first official first summery day of summer! We spent it on the river bank with some friends...just hanging out, fishing and playing in the sand and the water...good times!

So I am no longer a student!! Woo hoo! I am so happy to say that. I may even be employed...but I'm not sure yet. What I mean is that I had an interview last wednesday, got some "back check" papers to fill out and had my driver's license photocopied...so now I wait. One of my instructors said that if I got those papers...then I have a job. I haven't officially been offered one, so I will wait and see before I say that I do! I'm also going to give the hospital a call tomorrow to talk to a guy there. My last practicum instructor mentioned my name to him (she's and LPN and the hospital) and he wants to give him a call. So I need to get on that tomorrow. The hospital has 12 hr shifts...which I'm sure can be brutal...but the way I see it is...since I don't want to work full time...I could work one or two shifts per week, and I'd be good to go! If I get on there and at our local seniors home...I could work as much or as little as I want. Right now I'd like to work about three days a week. That's enough for me...plus I still have kids at home that need me more than they think they do. So I'm sending up some prayers and crossing a few fingers that all turns out well and in my favor.

On my last day of being a student...I had my interview and then my day was over (I had worked the last of four eight hour shifts before the interview) as I drove away from the facility I just burst into tears. I'm not sure why. I don't know if it was a release of some sort, tiredness or that I'm so happy that I'm done or that I'm scared to actually work again and make some pretty good coinage! I was like that the rest of the day. I'm a bit nervous to actually work...but I know that its something that I need to do for me, if no one else. It help keeps my mind occupied, helps me to stay focused on the task at hand and to keep my mind from thinking about all the negative things that I could dwell on, but shouldn't. Going to school has really saved me from a dark place. I am happy to say that I feel alot better than I have in the past year or two and that I have been able to ween myself off of my anti-depressants! I've been off of them for a couple of weeks already and so far so good! I'd really like to live without them...and I think that occupying myself with a job will really help.

My sister and her family are coming here in a week and a half or so...I'm so excited. I haven't seen them since last summer. I'm praying for atleast one lake day...last time they were here we didn't make it to the lake at all. They're only here for a few days and then we're all going to head to Edmonton and meet up with my parents there and do the whole mall thing for a couple of days. My parents and sister and her family well then head back to Stoon, while my family and myself will stick around the area for a few more days and visit with Jason's brother and his family and hopefully his parents as well. Then we'll come back here and back to the grind.

Jason is renovating our bathroom right now. He has taken two weeks off unpaid (eeeek!) and then has two weeks of holidays. So far things are coming along...but I don't have a shower or a tub...just a toilet in the basement along with a sink. We've been going to the local campsite for loonie showers...they're not that bad actually. We bought a repo house about three years ago and are finally able to gut the bathroom. We've only had a tub since we've moved here...not fun! The previous owners did some bizarre things to this place and we've just been trying to get it back to "normal"...our bathroom actually used to be two, so thats what we're doing...putting it back to two, instead of one. I'll try and post pics once its all completed. The bathroom's aren't going to be anything fancy...but so much better than what we've had, so I'm pretty excited!

Well thats about it for me. Its hard trying to get back into the groove of blogging...I've hardly done any since I started school. Hopefully things will pick up in this area for me...we'll see I guess.

Take care everyone! Happy Summer!

4 comments:

Ej said...

Congrats on finishing school! I am sure the job hunt will be (very) short!

Adam said...

Welcome back to blogland. Wow, lots of exciting news. Congratulations on the graduations!!!

Crystal said...

So happy for you about being done school! I hope you get that job you've been hoping for. Yeah for summer!

Nin said...

right! :)

 
Designed by Lena