Monday, March 9, 2009

WARNING!!!


Well I watched a bit of "The Dr's" today and heard something pretty frightening. I guess kids are starting to drink and inhale hand sanitizer!!! They say that one little bottle, you know the purse size...well they are equivalent to four shots of vodka!!! Kids are even licking the stuff off of their hands to get the buzz. I wasn't able to watch the rest of the show which was all about the new drugs and how they come in flavors, etc. to appeal more and more to younger kids. I guess drug use is down in teens...which is good, but now they've decided to make them more appealing to them in order for that statistic to go up! Sick and scary. I'm thankful...sooooo thankful that my girl has her head screwed on pretty straight. I told her about this and she couldn't believe it!!! She's only 11, but we've started to talk about these things...I try not to hide too much from her...she needs to hear these things. She is a mature girl who I think will stand her ground as she gets older...atleast that is my hope and my prayer!

Well thats it for now...I'll post more about whats been happening around here another time.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Scary is right!
We've talked with the two older boys about drugs as well. Scary scary stuff!!
Oy...

Ruth said...

WHOA!!! That is freaky!! Its unbelievable what they will do!!
I worked with a 16 year old girl one time who tried to get a high from everything even stuff with the skull on the package...it was sooo sad!!

Carebear said...

WOW!!! I know a mom that lost her son to the chocking game...God protect our little ones!

I used to play that game all the time!

Tamara said...

Licking it off their hands? lol Jeez. I think it's awesome when parents are open with their kids about this stuff. Then the kid isn't so naive to it when they actually find themselves in a situation where it's available to them.

Darci said...

This is insanity, and so sad.

 
Designed by Lena