Tuesday, June 5, 2007

AHHHHHHHHHH!

Ever feel like running away? Thats how I feel today. I just need some time away from everyone in this house. Don't get me wrong...I love them all more than life itself...but somedays...enough is enough!! I don't normally complain about my kids much (or I atleast try not to) but today has just been one of those days, you know? Everybody's whiny, they seem to think they'll get whatever they ask for, and my answers are not usually what they want to hear...and if they don't get what they want, I suffer for the rest of the day with attitudes, crying, and whining! I don't know if its just all the tension in the air or what. Things are crazy around town, and I think everyone is on edge. We're dealing with some pretty big things around town these days...flooding being the major issue, with landslides and road closers all around...there is no way out of here, unless you fly! Its crazy. So maybe that has something to do with me, and the kids. I don't know. I just want to scream!!!

I also think that because I'm starting into a new phase of my life, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all. I just registered for two classes that I need as pre-requisites for my LPN course in January...Biology and Math. The biology I'm interested in...but the math...not so much. So I have that to do this summer, as well as get 30 hours of volunteer work done by the end of July...I haven't even called to set that up yet. Put eye appts, Dr's appts and dentist appts in the mix and I feel like my head is going to pop off! We also bought a different vehicle, so we want to sell our van, but there are things that need to get done with that before we sell it...new headlight, replace the fog lights...maybe the windshield, etc. And Jason's parents are coming down for a month...so I'm feeling a bit crazier than normal! Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to their visit...I just have so much else that I need to do while they're here, that I hadn't really planned on. My life is pretty uneventful and all of a sudden it seems like I'm busier than I've ever been. Plus I've finally come out of my cocoon and actually have a social life once again...that feels great though. There just aren't enough hours in a day it seems. I guess I can't say that I'm bored!

We went a checked out our raging Skeena River today...man its nutts out there. HUGE trees just pop up out of the water after being sucked down over and over again. Trees with the roots still attached. Everyone in town is out and about checking out the river. It just seems that the town is really busy, which I'm sure it is, and I'm sure there are alot of people stranded here because of the situation. It just doesn't feel "normal" around here these days...atleast not to me.

Well thats my little rant for the evening. I'm going to sit back, put my feet up and try to do...nothing at all!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

You should put your mattress up against the wall and punch it. That always helps when you've just had one of those days

My life is more fun when you have a social life so you should definitely keep it up :)

Oh yeah, thanks for the facebook account lol AHHHH!

Melissa said...

Hey Tanya,
I called you guys yesterday to check up on you. Everytime I turn on the news there is something about Terrace and its state of emergency! Crazy! I know exactly the tension you're feeling right now as far as the flood goes. We are no strangers to it. It's easier said than done, but try to take it easy. This to shall pass. BTW - Mom and Dad coming out for a month can really work to your advantage, ie, babysitting! I'll talk with you soon.
Love, Melissa

Crystal said...

Sounds really scarey and I've seen the pictures...I hope everything will be ok over there! I know you will do well with your classes...
Blessings

Unleash your innerself said...

hey tanya...
loved ure blogs...they come straight from ure heart. keep writing.........
rakhi0603@gmail.com

 
Designed by Lena