Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What have I gotten myself into? (some venting)

Well I've started with my upgrading. Bio 12 and Math 10. I had my math...but my mark wasn't "good enough"...so I have to work on it. I thought I had Bio 12...but didn't. So now I'm in the process of trying to get back into the mindset of doing homework and studying. I have one thing to say about it so far...I HATE IT!!!!!!! I just read the first chapter in my bio textbook, then tried to answer the questions in the study guide. I had no clue what they were talking about...well pretty much anyways. I couldn't answer a darn question right! I knew this was going to happen and it scares the crap out of me to think that I want to be a nurse! I have so many doubts about this, and this is only the beginning and I'm feeling overwhelmed about it all. I've never been the scholarly type...never. So school intimidates me. I mean I wasn't a bad student...but I wasn't the greatest either. I don't enjoy reading because what I read doesn't ever seem to sink into this brain of mine!! I hate it. Its so frustrating. It makes me feel very helpless and hopeless about my future in nursing. I knew this was going to happen. It makes me sad. I wish I loved school, loved learning new things...which I do in some respect...but not like some (my sister!!). I wish things came easy for me, and some things do...but obviously others don't! Plus I can see that this is going to be very hard on my family...me studying every evening. It makes me doubt whether or not this is a good idea. I've wanted to do this for a few years now...but maybe I should wait a bit longer. I don't know. I'm just so unsure right now. I know that I have little faith in myself when it comes to succeeding...thats something that I need to change...but how? I'm just really upset about this all right now...I feel that I've gotten myself in over my head!

5 comments:

Carin said...

TANYA MARIE ROSE!! (I have no idea your middle name *wink) you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you... and he never gives you more than you can handle... I am here (a registered nurse) to help and assist you as much as you desire! I did well in both subjects while doing upgrading... so please just let me know and I will be there!
You can do it... I have faith if you need to borrow for a bit... its a journey full of ups and downs but certainly one worth taking!!

Chris said...

Talk to Adam Brown about Math!!! he's the Math Man!!

Good on you for upgrading/getting it done!!

Melissa said...

What Carin said! Ya! Yo're going to do just fine. You have the desire, it will happen.

Trev and Rebekah said...

You can do it and you and your family will be proud of you when you are done.

floron@shaw.ca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Designed by Lena