Thursday, July 5, 2007

Its late...but who cares!

So its been an interesting past couple of days. We've been out fishing most of the week...and today, Jason finally caught his first Chinook (Spring) Salmon of the season! As soon as he set the hook, his rod snapped right in half, but by some miracle he was able to reel it in and land the sucker! We ate it, well most of it...yum yum good!

We're all so tired from enjoying the great outdoors this week. Ya right...more like the rain rain go away outdoors. Its been raining on and off all week...it sure wears on a person after a while! But thats BC for ya! Especially when you live near the coast! It just would be really nice to have some sunshine and a bit of warmth.

In other news around here, I was finally able to talk to my new facebook friend. I guess I should just call her my new friend, not facebook friend. Jordin is her name...and she is a sweetheart. She makes me laugh so hard! I have NEVER in my life had so much in common with someone as I do with her...its so very bizarre, its freaky actually...everytime we email eachother we find out something new about one another, but something that is the same between us! Its crazy! We finally hooked up on the phone last night. I came home from camping with the kids, Jason stayed camping with his parents. I put the kids to bed and gave her a call...we talked for four hours! It was awesome. I haven't talked that long on the phone since I was probably a teenager...if at all! I'm so happy that we met...and in the most bizarre way...but God was definitely a part of all of this, there's just no other way to explain it!! I just wish that she didn't live so far away (Ontario)...but hopefully someday we will meet in person!! I can't wait for that day! But until then we have email and the phone!

Tomorrow (or later today if we want to get technical) I get to spend some much needed time with some great friends. Its been a while...a week or two...but thats long enough since we've hung out! I'm looking forward to it girls! I need some "girl" time!

Other than that, things are pretty good. The kids are good and sleeping wonderfully with all the fresh air they've been getting. Syd actually caught a little fish today, I think it kind of took her by surprise. She tried to get it off but it wiggled its way free...it was too small to keep anyways.

We've been seeing alot of bears too, we actually saw a grizzly the other day...it was skinny and had huge feet, it looked so funny, so awkward. Speaking of grizzlies. Jason's cousin had a run in with one in Banff over the weekend. He went for a hike and turned a corner and saw the grizzly on the path. He knew what to do...but fear took over and he ran. It chased him and ended up on top of him. He screamed and screamed, and then it left. Amazing, but terrifying! I would have crapped, puked and peed all at once!!! God definitely saved his life, there's no other way to explain it! I guess he was feeling pretty bad about how he reacted. He walked away without a scratch! Amazing!

Well thats about it...this is getting long and I need to get to bed. I hope you're all doing well and enjoying your summer! Take care everyone!

7 comments:

Trail Rider said...

cool about your friend! it's so awesome when you find someone like that. Congrats to Jason for catching his first salmon sounds yummy! not really into fish, but when it's fresh out of the water. i find them very tasty!

Janelle said...

ok - seriously! you and your bear stories!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!! if i ever come visit you - i'm staying in your house the WHOLE time!!!

Christy said...

That is freaky...I would have crapped my pants too!!!! I hope I never see a bear that close in my life!See you tonight!!!

Nin said...

I think fear would take over me too if I ran into a bear, that is CRAzy!
That's so awesome about your new friend. I used to have this friend (I can't remember how it all happened, it was a long time ago, but we met like once super quick, and then he moved, but we knew the same people so he got my number and started calling me).....anyways, so we like, basically built our entire friendship on the phone, we would talk and talk for hours too, and we had only ever met once. So anyways, he only lived in calgary (not too far away) so eventually we started visiting eachother in the summer, and we got super close. He was a really good friend (unfortuantely we lost contact over the years) but it was neat to see how a friendship can develop even over the phone or email or whatever. I hope you're able to one day soon meet, that would be cool. Anyways, this comment is super long. sorry

Crystal said...

I'm with Janelle....I'd probably stay inside the whole time....yikes how scary!

Amber said...

Sounds like you are having a good summer so far - despite all the rainy days! THat is a scary bear story!! Yikes, I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Ah bears! I used to live up in Northern MB and for fun we'd go to the garbage dump to watch the bears.

 
Designed by Lena