Monday, January 7, 2008

The first of many days!

Well today was day one of school and I made it through that...just many more to go! I think its going to be a good course. I actually know two people in my course and they are a hoot, so thats good!

As many of you know I had to put Rowyn into daycare and...that went well too! I'm so proud of my little boy, he's so brave and such a help, he has had a great attitude about all of this...definitely a gift from God. I was cuddling with him tonight before I put him to bed and just started to cry...I told him how much he meant to me and how proud I was of him for being brave and not making a fuss at daycare. He got all teary eyed too. He's always been in tune with how I feel, if I'm the least bit upset or panicky...he always stops whatever he is doing and will come and give me a hug. I miss him already and I've only been in school for one day!!

So this morning I was on time with getting everyone ready, along with myself. Got out to the truck (yes we still have it...and are keeping it...another story for another time) and wouldn't you know it...all the doors were frozen shut along with the key holes! AHHHHHHH!!! I was not a happy camper. So I called Jason and told him that I couldn't get into the truck...and the van has a foot of crusty icy hard snow on it, so I wasn't going to attempt to remove all that. So he was already on his way out of town, but turned around to bring me the remote lock thingy for the truck (we only have one), while I was waiting for him I decided that I needed to do something about the situation...so I went back into the house, got a loooong extension cord and my blowdryer and de-iced the lock on the truck...I beat Jason to it! I met up with him on my way and he gave me the remote...just in case! Finally we were on our way...then I thought I had gone too far past his daycare, so once again I was freaking out cause I was late with everything! Turned out I turned one block too soon...ahhhhh! So by the time I got him to daycare it was already 9am...time for me to be at the college! What a day. Thankfully he went into daycare without much fuss and I was back on the road and in my seat at school by 9:10am!! Of course, I was the last one to arrive! Fashionably late? haha, I don't think so!!

So that pretty much sums up my first day. I hope to be one time and have everything running extra smooth tomorrow! I have also figured out that I'm not going to have much of a life during the week. They said that we should expect around 10 hours of extra work besides school peer week. So I will get home shortly after 4pm...spend time with the kids, have supper, spend a bit more time with the kids, get them to bed and then onto studying and then bed myself. Seems as if I will be very busy for the next six months! Oh well...its a good thing!

Just wanted to thank all of you who have supported me and have prayed for me over the past while, it means ALOT to me to know that I have so many people who love me! Thankyou!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad it went well for you! I'm still wrapping my brain about part time self led classes...the rate I'm going I won't be done my schooling til 50!LOL

Amber said...

so you weren't on time, but at least you got there!! all the best, must feel nice to have the first day behind you!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I hated it when the doors are frozen. Way to start school again.

Melissa said...

Hey Tanya! Sounds like you had an interesting first day! That's how they always are. Hope these next few days go well for you. BTW-Got your package! Thank you so much! We started doing the devotions with the girls and they love them! And your family pictures are great!

Love, Melissa

Ej said...

Glad it went well!

 
Designed by Lena