Friday, January 11, 2008

Week one is now over...TGIF!!!

Well it is the end of week one! Phew!!! For the most part I am enjoying it. I am having a hard time with learning time management though. Not with school work...but trying to get everyone ready and out the door and to where they need to be early enough that I have a moment or two to gather my thoughts before class starts...here's hoping next week will be better!!

This week we had our regular classes in the morning and then a "special" class in the afternoons. This class was to benefit us by teaching us how to be better students...better studying and learning skills...etc. I can't say that I learned a whole lot...but thankfully its now over and I won't have to take it again!!

Today was interesting. I got to school five minutes late...which was odd as I didn't have to take Rowyn to daycare or Syd to school...I just had myself to get ready. Once I got there things were alright. Came home for lunch to check on the kids and to help them out with some stuff...went back...ugh! I had made my friend and I some mocha frappucino's and one of the cups was leaking and being all weird all the way to school (a twenty minute drive or so)...I got there and found out that the seal was missing in the lid...figures. So I brought my friend the good cup and got my one from the morning...went back to my truck, poured the stuff from the crappy cup into the good cup...went back into school...knocked the lid off the cup and spilled some in the hallway...got to class and within five minutes proceeded to spill almost all of it onto our work table! AHHHHHH! So I had some major clean up to do...thankfully none of us had put our binders or papers onto the table yet. All I could think of was..."what a gong show today is" and...TGIF!!!!!!!

After school my friend and I headed to Work Wearhouse to buy our scrubs. What flattering outfits they are! haha...ya right! Our class voted on burgundy being the color we would wear...so I bought two sets of burgundy scrubs...not my choice...but majority rules!! We can't buy printed or different colors yet...we need people to know that we are students when we do our practicums. Anyhow...I got a good deal on one set as they are discontinuing the brand...$6.99 for a pair of pants and the same for the top...not bad I must say. I also picked up some "yoga" type pants too for just sitting around and for school when I don't need to wear scrubs...I can't stand sitting in jeans all day...never have, never will!!

Came home and just vegged on my bed. I really wanted to spend some proper time with my kids...but I just needed some quiet time. I love people, I enjoy school...but I am a person that needs my alone time as well and all I've had for alone time this week is study time. So I just lay there...answering the odd question from the kids and Jason and drifted in and out of sleep. I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

So that has been my first week. I would've blogged about something else...but nothing else happened!!! I missed two opportunities to hang out with friends...but I guess thats going to happen more often than not for the next six months!! Kinda sucky...but thats my life right now!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay that one week is over!! Congrats!!!
It must be hard getting into a routine. I know I will struggle with that for sure! Just think in about 6.5 months you'll be a full fledged working mom bringing in the big bucks!!!

Christy said...

Sounds like a busy first week! Where do you guys do your practicum? And when is that?

Ej said...

Time management - a working(or studying) mom's best friend. It'll take a bit to work the kinks out (then you'll graduate and have to start over - LOL)

I hope this week goes well for you! One week down!

Jenny said...

Week one..how 'bout week 2? Hope all is going well these days!

 
Designed by Lena